Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This is what I did today instead of housework.


It's called Amigurumi (I don't really know how to pronounce it, but I can spell it!) which is the combination of two Japanese words which mean knitted or crocheted (mine is crocheted, I don't know how to knit) and stuffed toy. So, it's a crocheted stuffed toy. I found the pattern at Michaels.com and there were a whole bunch more, which, trust me, I will do and post pictures of (my nieces and nephews will be getting some cool little toys). I also did a little research (a.k.a. I Googled it) and found a lot more Amigurumi information and patterns. Oh, boy! It was so worth taking no housework day!


I started this guy, but Heroes was on so I didn't finish him. He's supposed to be an octopus but he only has three legs (and, truthfully, they aren't even attached yet). Still, he smiles! I'll finish him tomorrow.

I also went shopping with Jeigh today. Mmmm....it was a good day. I love your hair, Jabes.


5 comments:

Jeigh said...

Oh. my. heck. When you told me you were making crocheted animals, I was envisioning teddy bears or bunnies or something. Those are sooooooooooooo much cuter than what I expected! I love the little octopus! Adorable. I don't like that word very much, but I adore them, so I must use it.

Rita Peck said...

I wish I could crochet or knit

Suzi Hardy said...

Wow Sarah! that was a good trade for not doing house work. you are so talented and I am glad that my lack of domesticity has not stunted your own creative abilities. What do you mean...you like Jeighs hair do? Gak...changes, I need pictures!

Kay said...

TOO CUTE! I love the little octopus one. I am envious of your crocheting skills, I have always wanted to crochet. Add me to your list of neices. :)

Luanne Hardy said...

Well all of that is really cool. I can crochet but nothing like that. Mostly I'm just jealous that you talked to Jeigh and Jeigh talked to you. I don't mean to make you way sad but it's been well over a year since we have last seen each other; almost a year and a half.