Creamy Potato Soup has been in my recipe box for a long, long, long time. I'm pretty sure I had it before I got married. I know I've made it several times. It was one of the recipes I made and froze before Owyn was born. i got it out of a
Taste of Home magazine. It is one of the best and easiest soup recipes I have. I made it on Tuesday because Tuesday is soup day.
Here is the recipe. You should try it.

Now, look a little closer at it. Something caught my eye as I was preparing dinner and glanced at the recipe. Do you see it? Right under the title of the recipe and the Prep/Total Time is the name of the person who submitted the recipe and where she is from.

Crazy, huh? For those of you who don't know the name of the city that I have recently moved to, it is Philippi, West Virginia. Maybe you don't think that is as weird as I thought it was...but try the soup anyway.
And, yes, it's very good with bacon. And cheese.

And croutons.
3 comments:
How crazy is that? It is a small world, you should see if you can find this person, if they are still there. I was so glad to see another post from you. I have been thinking about you non-stop for the last 4 days! I love reading your blog to see what you are doing and that you are still on this same planet with me. Love you! And this made me hungry for potato soup.
Oh mama! i love potato soup, and to think that you have a famous recipe to pass on. I think that I actually have this same recipe. Kudos to the croutons. I'm glad we found each other. I like looking at your cute family. You know that you are not very far from me, right? Just a mere 6 hours. You should come and visit sometime.
We should make it our mission to find this woman and thank her for the awesome soup.
Post a Comment