...do you see that red nose? Here's why: I have had a snotty nose (sorry, I couldn't think of a nice way to say that), and have been using Owyn's burp clothes as my own personal handkerchief. They are a lot gentler than toilet paper and cheaper than Kleenex. So, within the last few weeks, Owyn has taken up a habit of carrying around pieces of cloth (or jackets)--whatever she can get her hands on--and carrying them around the house slung over her shoulders like a scarf. Occastionally she snuggles with the cloth and plays with it, putting it over her head or wrapping it all around her. I don't know why she does it and I haven't thought to ask. But, in order to keep my laundry safe and folded, I gave her a scrap of soft fleecy material I had.
Since we've been sick and developed snotty noses, this is what has happened:


I apologize for the blurriness of the pictures, but she was in the act of "blowing" her nose. She puts that material up to her face and blows (with her mouth!) to make the authentic nose-blowing sound. Then she rubs her nose (that's why it's red) and her face and all is well. At least she is learning the technique, right?

5 comments:
Too cute!! I hope you are all getting back to feeling good though soon! Have a wonderful Monday!
It's amazing what children will pick up from their parents.
Funny girl! Just shows you how much she is paying attention to what is going on around her.
I hope you are feeling better, and are on the mend. I have been thinking about you and missing you. I love you.
What a cutie! *^^*
Sarah...you are more than welcome to paint a "i heart u" picture for your room! I'm all about sharing! Once you do it, you'll have to take a picture to show us all how it turned out!
Oh...and don't let me forget to get those baby clothes out for Jeigh to take back!
Are you guys feeling better? When is your little one due?
Post a Comment