Saturday, November 21, 2009

The cure

What do you do after you have:
-No nap;
- A late dinner;
- A hungry, gassy, and tired baby screaming while your 1-year-old runs around her room naked;
- That same 1-year-old who, after finally getting dressed and ready for bed, lays in her crib and sings to herself for at least an hour instead of sleeping;
- The same screaming baby who finally has to wet all over Mommy to remind her that she hasn't had her diaper changed in quite a while;
- Mommy guilt?

You have a poopcake night!
Here's how it works.
1. Ignore the singing child--at least she isn't crying--and lay the now calm, fresh-diapered, sleeping baby down for the night (even if only 3 hours).
2. Take a nice hot shower, being sure to sing a few Christmas carols and taking the time to shave the legs (it's been a while since I could reach those!).
3. Now, ignore the mess of toys in the living room, the clutter in the dining room, and the dishes in the kitchen and pull out a box of cake mix (whatever flavor you prefer; I used German Chocolate).
4. Mix the batter as directed on the box omitting the water and adding chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips...be creative). The batter will be thick and look kind of shiny (because of the oil).
5. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes.
7. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the pan for a minute or two. Meanwhile, go change into your favorite pajama pants and happy fuzzy socks.
8. Remove the cookies to cool on the counter.
9. Clear the toys off the couch and put on a T.V. show that doesn't require much energy to focus on.
10. Enjoy!
Oh, and don't forget the milk!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

7 comments:

Evelyn said...

Love it!! You go ahead and eat poop...cake...hahaha! I can't even type it without giggling! You deserve it!!

Lori said...

Mmmm, I need some poop cake right now. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, by the way!

Luanne Hardy said...

I love pop cakes; mostly because it makes me think of good times at Mom and Dad's house. I love your perfect recipe for happiness.

Rita Peck said...

Proud of you. I am only starting to realize the need to let it all go and enjoy me time at night. Looks yummy

Suzi Hardy said...

Poopcakes are the bomb! I like to use chocolate cake mix and peanutbutter and chocolate chips in mine...yum. I dare you to try and eat them without milk! Can't do it.
I wish I was there eating them with you, that would make everything all better!
I love you very much.

Crystal said...

You're such an inspiration!!

... said...

You really know how to keep your perspective! Good job, Mom!