She arrived on Monday, November 9, 2009, at 8:34 p.m.

I was in labor for about 15 hours (although, I have a hard time saying that since things didn't really, really start happening until about 10 hours in); I did get an epidural (after some hesitation due to previous experiences) and I was so very glad I did! I started pushing about 15 minutes after getting the epidural and Lily was born within half an hour of that.
She weighed 8 lbs 8 oz. (8 lb 1 oz when we left the hospital)

She is 20 inches long and has deep, dark blue eyes...

she has lots of dark curly hair, pointy ears like her mommy and sister, and normal toes.

Everyone is well and happy. She, so far, is sleeping really well, eating really well, and pooping really well. I am tired and a little sore, but recovering quickly. Owyn still doesn't seem quite sure what to do with Lily, but she does like to rub her head and give her kisses. She also has tried to share some toys, which is nice. Mike is fantastic, especially with helping keep Owyn happy and keep the house somewhat presentable.
We are a happy family.
Erin guessed the closest date with November 10. Mom did guess November 9, but I think I had already called to let her know I was going to the hospital, so I'm hesitant with that one.
Mom did, however, come closest on weight with 8 lb 9 oz.
Enjoy your bragging ladies!


16 comments:
What a doll!!! I think she totally looks like Owyn. COngrats congrats!! Look at you already blogging! haha
Yay!!! Congrats! I am sooo happy she came earlier than expected! You followed my advice, didn't you? You just followed it a bit too early, and thus I don't have any bragging rights! I think, though, that I was the third closest to guessing right...right? I guess I earned third-grade bragging rights! Better than nothing!
Lily is beautiful and she looks, I think, very much like a sweet little angel! And she reminds me of the Hardy family...I see bits of Jenna in her....and LOVE her dark hair!!!
She and Owyn will be best friends someday...especially if they take after you and your sisters! What wonderful role models you all are for your little ones!
Congrats again and I wish you the best two to three months...where it is the hardest! Now we need to get Jeigh to have another one soon...and Erin too! I LOVE seeing all these new babes....oh.....so FUN!!!!
Word verification:felly, as in describing your post-prego belly....belly felly. What was up is now hangin down...firm is now squishy...when you put your pants on you have belly felly! *sigh* The things we sacrifice for our children!
She's beautiful! We're so glad that everything went well for you and that you are both doing good!
Congratulations. She is beautiful! I love her name.
Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful. I hope she stays a good sleeper and that Owyn keeps on loving her!
yeah! I am a weiner! I'm on a weinning streak! I guessed right with another friend's baby, too. I guess it's my turn to wein after just a horribly long losing streak, huh?
Seriously, Lily is so dang cute. I come here just to stare at the pictures. Last night I couldn't sleep because I was trying to think of a way I could come out for a visit. Man! That would be so fun! I'm glad everything went so well. Just enjoy that baby double for me!
I love you!
copying Amber: my word verification is "versicat" which is a hot momma such as yourself who can do many things (you know, be versitale-I know that's spelled wrong, but I don't feel like spell checking.)
What a beautiful baby. I love her and just want to kiss her. Her hair reminds me of Russell's hair. Love it.
Congrats!! she is beautiful. i'm happy to hear everything went well.
Congratulations!!!! She's beautiful. I know I didn't guess but I kept thinking she'd be born Monday morning. I'm so happy for you! I'll be sending you something so watch for it. Wish I could be there. =( But keep posting!
Lily is beautiful. I wish I was there to cuddle and love on her. I wish I was there to visit and love on you too, Sarah, and to spend time with Mike and Owyn too! Heck, I just wish I was there. It is times like this that I think it stinks to be so far a part. I just think it stinks in general to be far apart. Anyway, I just stare at Lily and pretend like I am holding her. I love you and miss you so much!
Yeah we are so happy for you! She is a cute bundle of love! Was Owyn that big? You look great and Congrats!!
Congrats on your cute baby! I love the hair! You can alright curl it...What a great mommy you..and Mike's a good daddy to...and Owyn is a good sister too...congrat!
Congatulations! Lily is so beautiful! If I were there I would love to hold her and rock her, that's one of my best Grandma qualities. I am sorry that your Mom isn't with you, that is a special time for a Mom and a daughter. What a sweet, beautiful family you are!
I'm so glad to hear that she has normal toes! (was there a reason to be concerned?)
She is such a cutie. I love how you mention that she has normal toes. :) I can't wait to meet her so I can hold her and love her. Congratulations.
She is absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby! Love the dark hair, none of mine have had much, so I am jealous!:) Glad everything went well, and momma and baby are doing good. Love these new baby posts!! Congrats again!
Post a Comment