Actually, I'm not sure any gentlemen read my blog. Hmm...
So, here's the deal:
Lily has two due dates. The first is November 14th, the second is November 22nd. A little over three weeks ago, the Braxton-Hicks contractions I have been having since July began to get stronger and more frequent/regular. At my appointment that week, it was discovered that I was already dilated to a 3! I was told to "take it super easy" for that week since I wasn't quite at 36 weeks and the midwife didn't want me to go into full-on labor. At the next appointment, nothing had changed, which was a good thing. I was told to go ahead and get up and move around as I normally would and that they wouldn't stop labor when it starts. So, that is what I have been doing. My house is clean and disinfected. Things are quite a bit more organized than they have been in a long time. However, I digress...
My last appointment was last Tuesday and still nothing has changed. I am still having fairly regular contractions but they are no longer being productive/painful. =) The midwife said she would be really surprised if I made it to the 22nd (I told her I can be a really surprising person).
So, you have all the information; here is what I want from you: Give me your guesses as to when this baby will make her debut! Pick a date and a time, if you wish, and then keep your fingers crossed that you'll win! I'm thinking if I have people crossing their fingers for certain dates that it can only benefit me. =) The winner will get...well, all I can give you at this point is bragging rights.
To add to the fun, you can guess some of the other stats too if you want, i.e. weight, height, hair or not, length of labor, etc. (For reference, Owyn was 7 lb 10 oz, 20 1/2 inches, a little bit of dark hair, and 27 hours of labor).
So, thanks for the help! Maybe the next post will be a baby post...no promises though.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

8 comments:
Ok, so I'm not very savvy when it comes to this baby stuff but I'm going to give it a shot...
I'm guessing she will come Nov. 17th. 6 1/2" long and 19 LBS. She will have a small amount of hair and will be very very cute. :) Good luck.
I guess Nov. 26th (the twins' birthday) at 4am, 8 lbs even, 10 inches.
I say Nov 14th 2:30 ( I have a birthday party at that percise time). 8lbs even (my kids all got bigger). No guess on hair though. Good luck. Wish you the best.
Let me check my schedule...:)
I'll say November 18th in the afternoon, around 3:38ish. I think she will be about 7 lbs., 12 oz. and 20 inches. With a smattering of darkish hair.
My word verification is "suggsh", as in, "May I suggsh the fish tonight? It's excellent."
hey, sarah...hmmm, this is a toughie. I'm going to say November 10, in the afternoon, with a greatly reduced labor time of 10 hours or less. I also think she'll be around 7 1/2 pounds, and bald as a cue ball--just a round veiny head.
That's what the stars are alining to tell me anyway, and I'm never wrong about these things.
How's the weather there? I say you go in on on overcast day...and since I am not a weather-woman, I'll say November 11th and she'll come around ten that evening. She will definitely be bigger than Owyn at 8lbs 2oz. and 21 1/4in long with white peach fuz on her head!
Now...there are a few things you have to do until then to help along the process....
Don't take castor oil.....just believe me on that!!!
The night of Nov. 10th you and Mike just have a bit of "fun"...you know what I mean....well...fun for Mike, not so much for you, then scrub your bathroom tub again the morning of November 11th....I promise, that'll help!
You'll be in labor in no time!
*my word verification: septda....just make sure you don't get septda while scrubbing the tub...could be very dangerous!
I know that your hoping she waits until Mike is on break, so I'm going to say November 20 at 10:30pm, 7lbs 4oz, 20 inches, no hair, and 5 hours of labor.
No matter when she comes I hope things go smoothly!
Okay, I say Nov.9th at 10:00 pm I say she will be 8lbs 9 ozs because that is what you weighed and you should know what it feel like to have a baby that weighted what you did. she will have a lot of dark hair and beautiful blues eyes.
my verification word is sadrant, as in isn't it a sadrant when your mother wants you to have a baby that weights the same as you did?
I love you and you are in my prayers!
Post a Comment