Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas Eve Swimming

This year, as part of our celebrations, we went to the college pool and went swimming with Jeigh and Rex and their family. We also took this opportunity to introduce Owyn to swimming and, boy, did she love it! It was like one big bath for her except she couldn't crawl around in it! There was no trepidation for her at all. She just held onto me with one hand and splashed with the other!


In fact, we took her out after about 10 minutes because we were worried about her getting cold, but she wasn't very happy about that. I sat next to pool with her so she could watch everyone playing, but she cried and cried and kept leaning forward like she wanted to get in. Finally, I got back in and she was a happy girl again!
I couldn't resist throwing this picture in. Halle was wearing some floaties on her arms. This is what she looked like with her towel over her shoulders. It made me giggle, so I took a picture. =)

3 comments:

Jeigh said...

Those pictures are so funny! It looks like Owyn is licking you in the first one. Ah, I love that little girl.

Heather said...

Cute blog! Such a great way to stay in touch with friends! I have a blog too! Check it out. I love blogging, its almost theraputic! Your little girl is so sweet! I think you have a water baby on your hands. :)

Sarahie said...

Jeigh: I wouldn't put it past her to lick me! Sometimes I taste good. And, she loves you!

Heather! I'm so glad you told me about your blog. I added myself as a follower. I love blogging too; I need to do it more often. I also love reading the blogs of my friends. It is a great way to keep in touch and to get to know each other again.