Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas Joy!

I did manage to get pictures of Owyn before Christmas. The plan was to send them out in Christmas cards, but I have never had any luck with Christmas cards. I don't know why I expected anything to change this year! Still, we got some cute pictures.
This was when we first started. She was smiling at Mike.

It didn't take her long, however, to notice that cool tinsel hanging over her. And, not being one to pass up an opportunity for a litte exploration, she couldn't resist reaching for it.

And, of course, she succeeded in pulling it down. She looks a little surprised in this picture, but really she was quite happy to get a hold on that tinsel.

The whole situation, though, resulted in a really good final picture. Once she had all the tinsel in her hands, the whole thing was one big game!

These pictures, in my opinion, turned out perfectly. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love how the celebration of Christmas is so wide open to focus on the people you love and to show gratitude to them. With the birth of my first child this year, the joy and love I feel has increased more than I ever imagined could be possible. Seeing life through her eyes brings a whole new (happier) perspective and for that I am eternally grateful.

Christmas, of course, is the celebration of the birth of Christ. Without Him, none of this would be possible. It is because of Him that such joy is not only possible but eternal. How grateful I am to Him for giving such a gift to me.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Been a while since I checked your blog. Love the pics of Owyn. She is so cute and getting so big!