Friday, January 23, 2009

Have you ever imagined that you were in a movie? =)

Mike took me and Owyn out for dinner tonight and as we were driving home a song came on the radio. I think it was the John Mayer song that says "Say What You Need To Say" over and over in the chorus. I like the song and I guess it just sounds to me like a song that should be the soundtrack of a movie. As I listened to the song, I gazed out the window int the darkness and had the thought pass through my mind that this one moment was kind of like something you would see in the opening of a movie: a couple driving through the darkness enjoying the quiet hum of the car. The husband reaches over and takes his wife's hand. She smiles as he gives it a soft squeeze and the camera pans back to show their sweet baby sleeping quietly in the back seat.

It was a nice little moment and I kind of made myself giggle. Then I wondered what would happen next in our movie. I don't think Hollywood would find or life that interesting; we live a very ordinary, simple life. But, to me, it is the best story I can tell. I love my life. I have a husband that loves me and he frequently holds my hand. I have a baby who is probably the happiest person I have ever known. I get to love and be loved by incredible people. I am happy. And so, I concluded as we pulled in to our driveway, Hollywood might not have much interest in my "movie," but tat doesn't matter to me because I get to live this beautiful life. And, also, maybe I watch too many sappy movies. =)

10 comments:

Jeigh said...

I totally know what you mean! There are many stories that would be in my soundtrack. And last night, when we were driving home, Rex went to pass THREE cars at once, and the song on the radio played this big, swelling, exciting part that sounded like it was made for the moment. Funny, funny. Nice post!

Suzi Hardy said...

Hey Sarah! Thanks for telling me about your blog so I could come and read everything and see all the great pictures! I also learned from your blog that Luanne has a blog...I diddle know that! I have, becuause of you and Jeigh and Luanne, made it a goal to get a blog started. I am excited and busy thinking of a time when I can get it started. So So fun!

Dead Bird said...

Now you know how I feel whenever I listen to music! I always get images in my head, and that's why I want to make a career out of it.

Luanne Hardy said...

I'm jealous of your movie. I wish my movie could be that good. Right now it's probably something that Hollywood might be more interested in. People like watching other people live unhappy lives.

Rita Peck said...

I love the thought. Makes me wonder what our movie would be. I would love to watch yours. We miss you

cally said...

Hi Sarah! Your son is so cute. HOoray for blogs!

I often feel like I'm in the middle of Jurassic Park. With a love story. I hear ya.

Sarahie said...

Hi Cally! Thanks, she is actually a girl, but that's Ok. She has short hair. =) And, I agree, Hooray for blogs!

Rita, I would watch your movie too (that's why I read your blog!). I miss you guys very, very much too.

Kay said...

Hi Sarah! It is so nice to come and visit your blog. I have enjoyed your visits to mine. I have seen many people acting out their movies throughout my life and have witnessed many tender moments. I have loved being in the audience. It is sweet to hear of your love for your little family.

Kay said...

Hi Sarah! It's nice to visit your blog. I have enjoyed your comments on mine. I have watched other peoples movies many times throughout my life. I have watched many tender moments. Home movies are the best after all!

Yo Mama said...

That is mine and Calvin's song, except that he thinks he is singing, "Sandwich you need to say," over and over. I love those "movie moments" in life.