Friday, December 3, 2010

(230) I love my little family

I was in the kitchen today preparing our fabulous dinner of pork chops and baked potatoes. (Is there an easier, more delicious dinner to make? I think not.) I was dancing around a bit to the Christmas music I had playing and enjoying the sound of my girls laughing in the living room as they played with their daddy.

Then the giggling quickly became louder as Mike walked into the room with a daughter in each arm grinning at him expectantly. He was dancing with them while alternatively tickling each one with his beard on their neck. It was an adorable scene that I can't even come close to describing!

To make it better, he came to me and managed to put his hands on my waist so I could join in with the dancing and the cuddling and the tickling. For a moment, I was struck with the pure joy of being sealed together forever! I am so glad I chose to marry him and that we chose to go to the temple. I am so glad that we started our family right away and that we have created such beautiful girls. I am so glad they are happy. I am so glad we have a family that dances together and plays together. I am so blessed to be so needed and so loved. Everything I do is for them and that makes my life good.

3 comments:

Sami said...

I love moments like that, when all is right with the world, and your cares melt away, and are replaced by an enormous feeling of gratitude for your blessings.
We all need reminders like that!

Julia said...

I love those moments of pure joy. So glad you have them regularly. Heaven definitely smiles on your little family!

Rita Peck said...

I haven't gotten to my computer except to do church stuff for weeks and its blogs like these that I have missed. Such a great memory to have. You guys are so amazing