*Disclaimer: This post should have been posted on Monday, but I got distracted making Christmas presents instead. I know that nobody cares if I post more than one thing a day, but I feel better explaining myself. =) I like things to be nice and orderly, you know.*
Today, I am thankful that our van has all-wheel drive so that while I was driving to the post office (in this year's first heavy snowfall) and was a little distracted thinking about what to make for dinner, I didn't lose complete control as I slid off the road and into a small ditch.
I am thankful that the ditch wasn't very deep.
I am thankful that once I realized I was not going to be able to drive away, I thought to say a quick prayer asking Heavenly Father for comfort and help.
I am thankful that as I got out of the van to walk back towards the college (I was on campus and close to a lot of options for getting help), the empty road was suddenly filled with a couple stopping to offer me the use of their cell phone and a ride home as well as 4 or 5 students stopping to see if they could help.
I am thankful for a prayer that was answered above and beyond anything I could have hoped for or even thought that I needed.
I am thankful for a husband who was patient with me and who dropped his very important homework to save our van, reinflate its tire, and bring it home safely. I am thankful that there was no real damage done.
I am thankful for a brother-in-law who also dropped everything to help.
I am thankful for my safe warm home that gives me comfort (Yeah, I'm kind of a baby and was shaken by a very minor slide off), my family that cares for me, and my Heavenly Father who is so aware of every little detail of my little life.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
I can totally picture Mike and Rex jumping at the chance to help. I am fairly positive I remember being helped out of a few driving scrapes by these very same guys. I heart them. :)
thank goodness you were close to help, and people stopped to offer it! I love those people for taking care of my sister!
Post a Comment