I know I have been talking a lot about food lately. But, it is that time of year when good food abounds! I can't help but enjoy it!
Tonight for dinner we had Bacon Corn Chowder. I was first introduced to this recipe by my sister, Erin, and can't help but think of her whenever I make it. It is probably one of the best soup recipes ever. (You should try it!)
Anyway, I have had it on my menu for a few weeks, but have been putting it off because I wasn't sure my girls would eat it. They are kind of unpredictable when it comes to soup. But, I decided a couple of days ago that today would be the day. I wanted my soup.
It turns out that Lily is a big fan! She had it almost all eaten before I could start mine! Owyn was more interested in the bread that I served with the soup. She did eat when I told her to though and didn't complain. So, success!
Today I am happy that I made Bacon Corn Chowder (and was reminded of Erin's house in the process) and I am happy that my girls enjoyed eating it.
P.S. Mike was taking a final while we ate. He has yet to have any, but he'd better hurry before I finish it off. =)
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
yeah! A shout out to me! I love it. I think of you whenever I make Bacon Corn Chowder, too, because I remember how much you loved it that day I made it for you. I have also been thinking that it's time to serve it again. What kind of bread did you make to go with it? ooh, I bet it would be good in a bread bowl. mmmmm!
that sounds yummy. I will have to try it
Post a Comment