In order to give Jeigh's kids something to do when they came to my house (I was feeling a little guilty for asking them to clean), I decided we should try making pretzels. So, before they came over, I made the dough so it could start to rise. Owyn, however, didn't think that I should be doing that alone. She begged and begged to help, so I gave her a teeny, tiny bit of flour to work with. Honestly, this was less than a tablespoon of flour.
She wasn't too sure what to do with it at first, but it didn't take long for her artistic side to manifest itself.

Of course, you aren't a true cook if you don't do a little tasting along the way.

She even involved me! (I had a hard time washing these pants, by the way. There were two handprints on the other leg by the end of the morning, and they were just so sweet!)

I'm thinking this face alone is worth the little mess I had to clean up later!


Looks like she agrees.
3 comments:
I promise I'm not trying to suck up so I can win your comments prize; sorry about all the comments, but I love them on mine...hopefully you're the same. ANYWAY! I ♥♥♥ that you got pics of the little flour handprints! It's those kind of things that will disappear too too quickly!
That is great. I love your courage to let her help. I am ashamed to say I often want no help in cooking. Love the pics though and it makes me want to cook with my kids. Priceless hand prints
What a Mom! If she was old enough to remember this would be a great memory.
Post a Comment