This toy, and another smaller but similar one, has been Owyn's favorite toy for the past week. She has discovered that she can walk while holding on to it (one-handed) and a whole new world of exploration and adventure has been opened up to her. It's really been quite amazing to watch: just another thing to add to my list of reasons I love being a mommy.
(Sorry about the bumpiness. She was trying to give me a kiss there at the end!) Yay! I'm so proud of her! I'm sitting here trying to think of words to describe my excitement for her and my respect for her, but nothing comes. I love how a little baby who isn't even a year yet can teach me lessons on persistence, patience, practice, and perserverence (ha! They all start with "P"! I didn't do that on purpose). She doesn't let her mistakes get to her (too much...it depends on how tired she is), she just gets up and tries again. I should be more like that.
I wonder what other great things she has planned. She will achieve so many wonderful things in her life and I get a front row seat! I can't wait. Mommyhood is wonderful, isn't it?

9 comments:
I agree. It is things like this that make you proud to be a mom. She is so cute and clever.
she is adorable and what a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful mommy! you're incredible in everything you do.
She's gotten even braver just since Sunday!
I like her little side step. So sweet! I love seeing other moms finding joy in motherhood. It makes me happy to be a mom too!
Oh, I'm so lame that made me all teary eyed. How exciting to see her take little baby steps. Oh, btw, I like the picture above the desk.
This is so cute, fun, fun, cute, and fantastic! I wish i could share video of my kids' first steps. But I have very clear images of those in my head!
Wow! what a sweet blog and how exciting to be able to enjoy the first walking spree! Thanks for sharing the exciting moment.
There are a lot of things that these little people teach us.
I love you and Mike and your little Owyn...I miss you guys sooo much.
WOW. I can't believe how big she is!
I love her little side stepping at the beginning. Those little first steps are the cutest when they are so bow-legged and trying to get their balance! Post more videos! I've watched this one so many times I've got it memorized!
Love you!
Post a Comment