Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When cravings call...

What's the occasion? Oh, nothing special. I've just been craving chocolate cake for a few days now and no one has thought to bring any over. So, I took it upon myself to whip up this little beauty.Why the heart shape? Well, surprisingly, I don't have any circle pans! This was the closest I could get and times were getting desperate. The shape didn't matter to me. What really mattered was the beautiful layers of chocolate cakiness surrounded by creamy chocolate frosting.

And also sprinkles.

5 comments:

Jeigh said...

Sorry I didn't pick up on the chocolate cake vibes, but yours looks so pretty anyway! I don't have such happy sprinkles. and I think food always tastes better if it's shaped like a heart or a star or something.

Evelyn said...

When I get chocolate cake cravings the farthest I get is a crummy cake mix in cupcake form....Way to go to make your cravings the stuff of dreams!

Rita Peck said...

DId the cake help?

Nic said...

so that just looks divine! i'm totally craving a chocolate cake now!

Kay said...

Ummm, I love chocolate cake too! Just looking at your cake made me want to pull up a chair and eat a piece with you sprinkles and all!