Monday, September 13, 2010

(179)

Lily had a rough night last night.

I don't know what was keeping her awake, but it started at 11:30 and lasted until 4:30. Even then, it only ended because I forced her to cuddle up to me and held onto her until she relaxed.

It was hard to see anything good in the situation. I was tired. She doesn't like to be rocked to sleep and she doesn't like to be left alone in her crib to sleep, so she spent most of the time screaming.

Still, when I walked into her room, a small laugh would mix in with her crying and she would start bouncing up and down.

While I held her, the only thing that would really distract her was if I kissed her face and talked quietly in her ear. Then, she would smile at me.

She would reach her hand up and squeeze my nose and gaze at me with such a sweet, loving look.

It is so amazing to me to be so loved and so needed and to feel that same love for her. And for Owyn. And for Mike.

Family. It is what life is about. It is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

look at you finding joy in that. Need to do that as my kids seem to be getting up every night 2 or 3 times