Thursday, September 30, 2010

(191) Reese.

I am an aunt...=) I was an aunt before I was a mommy and I have always loved being an aunt. And, first off, let me make it clear that I love all my nieces and nephews and do not have a favorite, even though I am singling one out today.

I went to Jeigh's house today to watch half of her kids while she took the other half to the doctor. When I came in, Jeigh told me that her youngest, Reese, who is almost 2, has been talking about me nonstop.

She always gives me hugs when I see her. She always calls out my name at church. In nursery when I come in for singing time, she always sits contentedly on my lap. We are good friends.

Today, though, she was pretty sad when her mommy left. She cried for a few minutes and then settled herself onto my lap. Since the other kids were all occupied, I decided I wanted to play Jeigh's keyboard for awhile. I asked Reese if she wanted to join me and she quietly nodded her head.

For about 10 minutes, she sat on my lap while I played and sang. She didn't say a word. She didn't try to play with me. She just sat. Then she got down and ran off to play with Owyn. It was a nice moment with her. I felt like I was bringing her some kind of comfort and I felt a great stress relief as I played for her.

So, today I am grateful for Reese and her sweet little soul and the opportunity to play the piano with her.

(Also, I'm grateful for Jeigh's little music collection which includes Fur Elise which I have been dying to play for months now!)

3 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

All those little Hardy-lets are very precious little ones. What a sweet story.

Jeigh said...

Ha! I just printed out Fir Elise so Elder Jones can learn the rest of it. I think he's gotten it stuck in all of our heads!

Luanne Hardy said...

I'm jealous of you being able to play the piano and to be able to play with Reese. But I'm also happy for you all at the same time.