Friday, September 24, 2010

(187) Well, thanks!

I was getting ready for to make dinner tonight. Owyn came in, whimpered a little, held up her sweet arms and said, "Hold you."

"Oh, Owyn," I said, "I can't hold you right now. I'm getting dinner ready."

She put her arms down, thought about what I had said for a minute, and then left. I assumed she was satisfied.

A couple of minutes later she came back into the kitchen holding a bowl with some carefully selected toys piled in it. She asked me, "Mommy making dinner ready?"

"Yes," I said.

She then placed the bowl into the cupboard that is her oven and said, "I making dinner ready. For you!"

Oh! That was sweet!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

how sweet.

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I love when they say "hold you"!! It's hard to resist! But, sometimes a mama just has to.