Wednesday, September 15, 2010

(181) The Ides of September?

Yeah. It's the middle of September. Already! Geesh. That came quick!

I don't know if I told you, but for my birthday, Mike gave me money to spend at Joann's (or wherever else I might feel appropriate). It was a really good gift and was made perfect when he took the girls on Monday evening and sent me to the mall all by myself. For 4 hours!

I took myself to dinner. I ate some really good cheese-filled wontons that I need to find a copycat recipe for. Then, I wandered around that beautiful fabric/craft store doing my best to let my creativity flow. I even made the discovery that, while I like sewing and learning to sew and I want to keep learning new things and I love fabric, sewing may not be the thing I enjoy most. (I know...you're surprised!) There are so many fun things out there. I decided it is a good thing for me to just keep dabbling in all sorts of different crafts and projects because that really, really brings me a lot of happiness.

And also, I decided I want to learn to knit.

Today, I have been completely distracted with thinking of ways to decorate my home and projects I want to start. I'm so, so excited for the holidays because that is a perfect excuse to start making things. I want to make stuff for my friends. I want to make stuff for my family. I want to make stuff for me! I want to make stuff!

Oh, I'm so excited!!!!!

I even decided to move my sewing machine downstairs so I can sew while my girls play. Then, I have a really good excuse to not do the dishes too. Oh boy! Good times lie ahead.

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

OOh sounds like fun. I love crafting too and am dying to learn how to crochet. I did knitting for a while and then found out the person taught me wrong and that ended my knitting career

Luanne Hardy said...

I have that bug too! Good luck with yours.

Erin said...

ha ha ha! So you have a good excuse to not do dishes! We all need those excuses sometimes!