Thursday, February 3, 2011

(257) Kielbasa Bowtie Skillet


Dinner tonight came together very easily and very quickly. And, it was really good. All very wonderful things.

As I was preparing it, though, I noticed that there wasn't much color to it. It was just sausage, mushrooms, white sauce, and pasta at that point. Then came the step where I added some peas and cheese and for a split second I was struck with what a nice pop of color and joy the peas added.
It really made it look pretty! Then, in a rush of thoughts, I thought how much I like peas and how the taste always reminds me of sitting in the grass with my mom eating peas from her garden.

I thought about how much I enjoyed gardening with her and mostly how much I miss her, how much I love her, and how happy I am to be her daughter. It is hard at times being away from home, being so far away, but it is so good to have those memories pop into my mind to remind me how close my heart is to home.

Who would have thought that a small little thing like peas could not only make a Kielbasa Bowtie Skillet happy but also make my heart happy!


P.S. A couple of weeks ago, I cut my hair. It didn't turn out at all how I had expected. The girl somehow didn't understand what I was asking for and the result was a much too short haircut that I had a hard time coming to terms with.

It has grown out a bit now, I am more comfortable with it now, and I styled it today, so here is the picture of my new hair.



2 comments:

Jeigh said...

Wow, that's such an Owyn smile! And I think of Mom with peas, too.

Luanne Hardy said...

I love your hair, it's so cute. Jeigh is right, it's an Owyn smile for sure.
I always think of Mom when I think of peas. I also picture Michael standing in the middle of her garden eating peas. :) I love good memories.