2) Just a few minutes ago, I heard the tell-tale thump of a 2-year-old getting quickly out of bed. I met her at the top of the stairs and she threw herself into my arms and began falling back to sleep. She wouldn't tell me why she was up...did she fall out of bed? Did she have a bad dream? I don't know. I just know she needed a hug.
As I scooped her up to put her back in bed, she very quietly said, "I need to hug Daddy." So I took her to Daddy. She hugged him, kissed his cheek, and said, "I love you, Daddy" before coming back to me.
I laid her her back in her bed. She hugged me, kissed me, and closed her eyes. As I walked out of her room, she said softly, "I love you, Mommy."
Did I have a rough day today? I don't remember.

3 comments:
I was talking with someone the other day who said, the days are so long but the years go by so fast. So true. Good for you taking the opportunity to love your toddler one more time before sending her back to bed.
*sniff*
That was beautiful, Sarah! Really beautiful.
That is all.
LOL! "It comes in pints?"... =)
Post a Comment