I was so going to take some pictures, but...sorry, I didn't.
Jeigh let me borrow Despicable Me a few weeks ago. It has been sitting by my TV waiting to be watched ever since then.
On Sunday, Owyn asked me if we could watch it, but it was too late for a movie night. So, since Mike was going to be at school late on Monday, I told her we could watch it then.
All day Monday, she kept asking me if it was time for popcorn yet. It wasn't time after breakfast. It wasn't time during Sesame Street. It wasn't time while we were cleaning or exercising or eating lunch or napping or getting dinner ready.
Finally, she ate dinner, had a bath, helped me put Lily to bed and then it was time to pop the popcorn! YAY!!!!
We popped our popcorn, pulled out our giant floor pillow, grabbed a couple of brownies, turned off the lights, and settled down for the movie. She leaned up against me and, while savoring every kernel of popcorn, asked me every 2 minutes or so, "What happened, Mommy?"
I thought she might fall asleep during the movie, or get bored and start to play, but she was very attentive and very inquisitive. I answered her questions and we cuddled and enjoyed our movie night.
Towards the end, Mike came home and he enjoyed it with us. Then, during the end credits we all danced together. It was probably one of the best movie nights I've ever had.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like an amazing night! We have a Friday night family movie night tradition around here too. Half the kids are usually asleep by the time it's over, but they crack me up the whole time they're awake...:)
what fun. those moments are so great
Post a Comment