Tuesday, April 5, 2011

(290) Mario!

I went over to my sister's house today to watch her kids while she ran some errands. I brought a movie for us to watch (which I forgot to leave there for Jeigh to watch...sorry, Jeigh!).

Actually, I was planning on putting the movie on for them to watch so I could read, but they weren't all that interested.

Her daughter, Reese, and Owyn quickly jumped into their own fun play with Lily following close behind. And her son, Jett, was already busy playing Super Mario 3.

Yeah. You remember that one, don't you? They have it downloaded on their Wii.

I used to play that game for countless hours with my sisters and my brother.

Remember those days when all you had to do was spend countless hours playing video games? Ahhhh, good times.

Anyway, I was happy to let him play while I read, but Jett hasn't quite mastered the art of the game yet, so he was frequently interrupting me to ask for help. Finally, he threw me the second controller (because for some unknown reason he was a 1-man player playing a 2-player game) so that I could play. (He also handed me his own controller on several occasions so that I could get him through a level!)

Before I knew it, I was sucked in to the game. He was quick to point out that I am "awesome!" at level 1. He built my confidence quickly, but...well, you know what happens when you get over-confident.

His "You're so awesome" suddenly turned into "Don't worry. I'll come and get you through that part and save you!"

It's been a while since I've played.

Still we had a fun time. And, for about an hour, I felt like a little kid again, free to play and conquer magical worlds. And, for the whole day and the rest of eternity, I love that little man.

*****By the way, I feel like I need to edit this to make the point that I do have 2 other nephews, and 5 nieces, all of whom I love and adore for eternity. I only picked Jett out today because we had a nice moment that kind of made my day. So...calm yourselves down! ;) *****

3 comments:

Jeigh said...

He encouraged me today when I kept dying in the castle. I love him, too. Don't you love the high kick he does every time he has to make a big jump?

Also, I didn't even notice you didn't leave the movie. Huh. So...can I borrow it tomorrow? :)

Rita Peck said...

we have it too and my boys are always comforting me and saving me. it is a fun memory to share with them

Erin said...

Don't worry...I don't feel slighted in the least that you failed to mention your other two favorite nephews and your one favorite niece that live sooooooooooooo far away.
I recognized it for the moment that it was. I also harbor a deep and abiding love for little Jetty. I had some little moments with him while I was visiting.