Tuesday, April 19, 2011

(298)

Lily is officially a dancer.

I had my suspicions, and they were definitely confirmed today when I turned on some music in their room for them to play to.

As soon as that music started, she came running to the center of the room and started bouncing her little knees. Her head quickly caught on and started bobbing to the rhythm. Then her hands joined in as her arms started swinging.

Still, that wasn't enough! She started to twirl. At least, attempting to twirl. She would manage to spin around once, maybe twice, before tumbling to the ground, grinning and laughing. Then she would get up and try again.

I love my kids. My kids that love to dance and sing and laugh and hug. My kids that learn so quickly and are so eager to try new things (except broccoli). My kids who aren't bothered by falling down when they twirl; they just get up and keep trying. I love my kids who are unique and who are mine forever.

3 comments:

Sami said...

That sounds like Boo!
Quite frankly, I'm surprised to have a dancer in my family, because I have no rhythm by any stretch of the imagination.
But, I love to turn on music and watch her go!
Doesn't Owyn like to dance?

Rita Peck said...

what a beautiful image

Sandra said...

Well my daughter showed her dancing skills at a young age as well, and at 11, she is now a competitive jazz and ballet dancer. So it's never too soon to spot their potential!