Wednesday, April 13, 2011

(294) Sparkly!! and (295) Bare buns and laughter

First of all...go check out my other blog...I posted a Vlog! Can you believe it? Me talking (far too quietly, as always) into a camera all by myself. It was great fun! Moving on... I was going to put up a post last night, but I ended up working past midnight and I was just too tired to think. I have started a new workout: Jillian Michael's (of Big Loser fame) 30-day shred. It is a super intense workout in 3 levels, each level getting progressively harder. The idea is to work at each level for 10 days before moving up to the next level. The workout consists of 3 6-minute circuits, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. So, it is only a 20 minute workout, but it is really intense. And, it kills! So, my point in telling you all of this was to say that I am really sore. Like...really. Even my toes and fingertips hurt! Mike suggested that I take a hot bath before I went to bed, so that is what I did instead of blogging. I decided to use a bubble bath bomb that my sister-in-law, Luanne, had given me...just to add to the relaxation experience. It was awesome! First of all, it not only gave me a nice bubble bath, it also turned my water orange. Always a plus. The water was soft and smooth and so was I when I got out. But the best part was getting out and discovering that I was covered in sparkles from head to toe! If I had known it was going to do that to me, I would have saved it for a more special occasion (like leaving the house...grocery shopping, maybe!). Still it was nice to go to bed feeling relaxed and sparkly. Today...hmmm. Today I took it easy. I decided to not fold all of the clothes. Just one basket. I decided to not push myself to deep clean and spent more time making Lily laugh. She has a fantastic belly laugh! We have once again decided to try potty training with Owyn. It was, actually, her choice. She got up and asked if she could wear underwear today. I figured, sure, why not? So, we are trying again. I'm still not sure she gets it, but I'm going to try and be a little more proactive this time around. Tomorrow she is going to drink a lot of water and spend a lot of time on the toilet. Anyway, after trying out some time with the underwear on, she decided that she would rather just go without it. Since this was a technique I have been thinking about trying, I went with it. I'm surprised how funny it was to me to watch her running around the house all day naked from the waist down. Something about how it should be so shocking and yet it felt completely normal. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Jeigh said...

I was also very pleasantly surprised by my sparkly bath bomb. And didn't the orange water make you think even more of Luanne?

Also, you made me laugh when you called Jillian's fame "Big Loser fame."

Rita Peck said...

I love the 30 day shred. I also have her no more trouble zone one. It really does a huge difference. Good luck. Your bath description makes me want one. Good luck on the potty training