I had the opportunity recently to test a baby quilt pattern!
I have been wanting to try my hand at quilting for a while and was super excited when the opportunity came. I got it all blocked and framed last week and got it quilted yesterday.
Today, I spent the day learning how to bind the quilt. That was the part that was the most intimidating to me, but now I see that it is really quite simple!
Anyway, I know you probably want to see pictures, but I don't have them yet. Sorry. I will be posting them soon on Creating Sarah, since that seems appropriate. I'll be sure to tell you when they are there.
On a side note, thank you all for your love and support. Day by day I am pulling through this rough patch. Things are going well and I am happy, just crazy busy!
Also, I have no hot water. I just have to tell someone. =) Our water heater decided to call it quits on Sunday, leaving in a flood of water all over the basement. Now, with at least 2 more days of no hot water, I am left feeling like a pioneer woman. I am boiling water to wash my dishes in as well as bathe my kids (and myself) in. We don't use the same water as the dishes, by the way.
It has been an adventure to say the least. But, while I wouldn't choose it, it is kind of fun to let my imagination carry me away and turn me into Caroline Ingalls taking care of the every day needs of my simple home. I'm easily amused. =)
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
You amaze me for all the things you do and keep up with your blog. I don't seem to have the energy or drive to do it all. I want to be like you.
I can't believe you don't have any hot water. I would just cry. I'm not optimistic like you. Michael said, "At least it's right when it's about ready to get all humid over there." You guys must be related and got your optimism from your parents or something.
Also, good job for quilting. It's so much easier then people think. It's also time consuming and fun. :)
Post a Comment