So, it has been a while. I've missed my happy little blog.
Unfortunately, my computer time, which was limited before, is even more limited now.
The good news is that Mike has finished his finals and his senior project paper and presentation. All that is left is graduation and then he will be an official graduate student! Yay!
This week I am preparing for a whirlwind of family visits and graduation in the midst of helping my sister pack up to move back to Idaho on Sunday.
Yeah. The time has come for her to leave. I'm incredibly sad to see her go. She has been a great support and friend to me here and I have really, really enjoyed getting closer to her and her family.
I cry every time I think of them leaving and I have been for at least the past two months. Life here will definitely be a little lonelier without my Jeigh, although I have a lot of friends to help me pull through.
So, dear Jeigh: I am going to miss you more than I could ever say. I'm glad you are my sister and that means you have to be my friend forever. I am so excited for you to be done with school forever! You have done a fantastic job being a student's wife. That is hard work. Travel home safely. Make sure your kids don't forget me. Keep writing amazing things and keep keeping me in the loop. And, don't forget, I know about your sophomore.
Love you!
today, I blog!
12 years ago

7 comments:
You had me all teary up until the end :) I love you, too, and I'm going to miss you soo much.
...You're about to kiss me!
you know that story about the people on the beach watching the ship sail off, saying, "there she goes!" while on the other beach there is another group of people that are watching the ship come in and saying, "here she comes!" You know that story? you know how usually that's related to what happens when people die? Well, I also think it relates to the phases in our lives and watching those we love move in and out of our lives. I'm excited to be on the "here she comes!" end of this phase, but I am keenly aware that you are on the "there she goes" side, and I'm sorry that you have to do this. I have no doubt this is a huge loss to you. I also have no doubt that you are going to have some amazing experiences while you're out there. You'll be amazed at the person you become. It won't be easy, but you can do hard things!!! And you'll be better for it. And, of course, as always, call me, anytime, day, night, whatever, if you ever, ever (for any reason whatsoever) need someone to talk to! I love you!!!!
I don't know why, but this post made me kind of tearful. I would cry if Kristi moved away. There's nothing in the world quite like sisters!
It seems so weird that we've reached a new stage in life in this family. We are all growing up and moving on. Think of where we were five years ago. Crazy. Even though I knew Rex would be done with school some day I still didn't REALLY think he would finish school someday. Weird. Anyway, good luck with this new stage in your life. Living all alone in a weird place is different but fun. I love you. You'll be ok.
That would be hard. Good luck
It makes me really sad to know you two will be separated. I loved that you were so far away TOGETHER. But, I am greedy in that I get to see her maybe a little more often now. Before long you'll be back too right?
Hang in there! You guys have two more years, right? It will go by before you know it! *^^*
Post a Comment