It was just Wal-mart, but they were pretty excited about it: Lots of people to smile at, lots of things to look at, a world of fun!
Owyn, in particular, did really well staying close to me and being obedient and helpful. So, when we walked by a display of flowers and she said, "Oh, Mom! Can we get some, plllleeeease?" I couldn't really resist.
We picked out some lilies and she carried them all the way to check out and asked if they were okay during the entire trip home.
We brought them inside and snipped their stems and placed them in a vase, proudly displaying them on the dining room table.
Today, they bloomed.
Aren't they so pretty?
I love how they open up so boldly as if to meet the world head on, not afraid of who they are. They were created to make the world a better place, and they know it!
I think we should buy flowers more often.

2 comments:
they made my morning brighter. thanks for sharing. makes me want to go outside and cut some fresh iris out of my garden
you should buy Owyn those flowers that are potted. You know the ones I'm talking about? the ones that are meant as gifts, most people get them and treat them like cut flowers, and I think they're pretty cheap...anyway, Kerry bought me some for mothers days three years ago and they are still alive today! The best part about them is they bloom and then the blooms die and then later they bloom again! I love having flowers in my house. I bet Owyn would LOVE to have flowers to take care of, too!
Post a Comment