Saturday, February 27, 2010

10: Overwhelmed

I am sitting here on my sister's couch trying to decide what was happy about today and actually feeling a bit overwhelmed!

I have done a happy project like this one before, and I admit I had forgotten how easy happiness is to find. Of course, some days will be tougher than others, but, even then, blessings come and I will see them when I look! It's a wonderful thing to know Heavenly Father is a part of my day-to-day life.

So, today I have spent the day organizing my office/craft room (I think it will be a lifelong project), taken a really good power nap, and sent my sister and her husband on a much needed date. I spent the evening hanging out with my nieces and nephew, my girls, and my husband. We watched Wizards of Waverly Place while Halle and Jenna gave a running update on what was happening two minutes before it happened! I got to chat with Jenna about how I'm really old! I got to see the twinkle in Halle's eyes when the two characters on TV kissed ("I think when I am old enough to have a boyfriend, I will kiss him!" Then she smiled sweetly.). Halle and I share romantic hearts. Later, Jett informed me that his tongue needed to stay blue because he is batman.

Now, I am sitting on the couch with my husband. We are kind of watching "O Brother Where Art Thou." He is studying. I'm typing. But, we're talking together and enjoying the movie; laughing together, enjoying each other.

I just finished snuggling Lily to sleep. She was having a hard time falling asleep and needed about 10 minutes to look at my face and smile. Owyn has been more of Daddy's girl today, but she was still pretty excited when I climbed under their makeshift living room tent.

How do I choose just one thing to be happy about today?

3 comments:

Suzi Hardy said...

I wish I could have been there to do all of these things with you! I miss you all so very much.

Luanne Hardy said...

You know it does make perfect sense that Jett's tongue needs to stay blue in order to stay Batman. I totally get him. It's cool how even the really small stuff can fulfill our lives so much.

Rita Peck said...

love those days