So, this morning, early, Mike got up to do some studying. I don't know how long he was gone. (I was sleeping.) All I know is he came back in the room and said (in a very excited, school-boyish voice), "You'll never guess what I just found out!"
He was right too. There was no way I would have been able to guess. I was still pretty much asleep. But, I do remember him climbing back into bed and said, "Alderson-Broaddus canceled classes." I think I replied with something like, "Really? Yay!" So, with nothing else to do, we got to sleep in today! Even Owyn actually slept until 8:00! (Day 9 happy point #1!)
We are in the midst of another Winter Storm. It started yesterday and is supposed to continue until Sunday morning. Personally, I'm getting pretty tired of all the snow. Actually, it's not really the snow I'm tired of; it's the cold and the being stuck in the house. The hill that we live on, while not any steeper or taller than the hill I lived on in Idaho, can be a little precarious when covered with snow. I tend to just stay in rather than risk getting stuck, especially with my 2 babies. But, I don't mind so much getting snowed in when Mike gets to stay in too! It's much more fun.
So, today, when I got up, I looked outside to see where we were at. I should have taken a picture. I didn't even think of it! No matter, though. It would have just been a bunch of white anyway. There was a lot of snow!
Anyway, here's what I'm happy about today:
1. Owyn slept in until 8:00 a.m. and went back down for a nap by 9:00!
2. Mike slept in until 10:30 because he didn't have to go to school!
3. I got to go back to bed after Mike got up and I slept until noon! (aaaaahhhhh)
4. We went up to the school gym so Mike could play basketball and Owyn could run around and play with the Meredith kids and I read.
5. We had Italian Chicken and Vegetables for dinner tonight:
a. Slice up some potatoes really thin and lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
b. Slice up some carrots and put them on top of the carrots.
c. Take some chicken pieces (whatever you prefer, I use leg quarters) and arrange them on top of the potatoes and carrots.
d. Take some Italian Dressing Mix and mix it up with about 1/2 a cup of water and about 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp oil. Pour that over the chicken (make sure each each piece of chicken gets some).
e. Bake at 425 until the chicken is done (about an hour).
f. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Good day!
P.S. Here is the muffin mix recipe that Shauna gave me and that Teresa requested:
1 3/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
3/4 c milk
1/4 c oil
2t B. powder
1 egg
1/4 t salt
Add in anything you want in muffins. bake 350 degrees for about 15-20 min
I haven't tried it yet (it hasn't been Monday yet), but Shauna is a fantastic cook; I'm sure it's great!
Oh, and in case you are wondering, it is still snowing!
today, I blog!
12 years ago

1 comment:
we have had little snow this year so I admit I am a little jealous of the snow but today I got to exercise by walking 3 miles outside today !!! So I admit there is an upside. GLad Mike could stay with you. What a fun day
Post a Comment