Sunday, February 28, 2010

11: Help

Today, Mike's mom and his sister came to visit us! (Happy thing #1!)


In preparation for their visit (and for lots of people to come over for dinner, Merediths and the missionaries), we cleaned up the house a bit. I did most of it while Owyn was sleeping, but, by the time she got up, I still needed to sweep.

No problem, I told myself. I can just sweep around her! And, I did.

I swept the stairs and the front entry, then swept everything into the dustpan. Then, I put the dustpan aside so I could sweep the living room. I didn't see her grab the dustpan, but a couple of minutes later Owyn came walking back into the living room carrying it--actually holding it out for me. So, curious, I filled the dustpan back up and watched her pick it up and carefully (without dumping it!) carry it to the garbage can and dump it out.

Cool!


Then, before I put the broom away, she asked for it. Apparently, I missed a spot.


It's sooooooo nice to have a helper!

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh! that is so cute! I love seeing video of Owyn. You should do it everyday! It's so great to see her in motion, and see her current looks! Man I miss you!
P.s. you've inspired me to post a vid too...soon.

Rita Peck said...

love it

Luanne Hardy said...

What a sweet little helper. She can come and sweep for me any day.