Thursday, February 25, 2010

8: Appreciation, an epiphany, a modification and some art

First of all, Shauna thanks for the muffin mix recipe! I'm really looking forward to trying it! (And also, I'm so glad you read my blog! I miss you!)


Second, I was thinking last night as I was trying to go to sleep about this "365 things about me" thing. The whole idea started because I wanted the challenge of posting every day but I wanted something that would be fulfilling for me and help boost my confidence and my joy in life. So, I have to be honest, it's not really doing it for me. Sure, it's kind of fun to explore my quirks a little bit and to share them and all...but, well, I'm getting a little bored with just talking about myself. And, I'm feeling really self-centered which I don't like.

So, I've decided to tweak it a little. I wish I could tell you exactly the train of thought that led to the tweak, but it was late then, I was tired then and it is late now and I'm tired now. My brain isn't functioning as well as it could, so I can't really remember the train of thought. No matter, though. All that is important is the conclusion I came to was this: The goal I am reaching for is to be happy. I will find happiness the more I seek it. I seek it by turning to the Lord. I ask Him who I am. I allow Him to define me, guide me and love me. And, I am grateful. So, gone are the short-lived days of "365 things about me." Now, it will be "365 things to be happy about."

And, the great thing about that is, I'm pretty sure it will end up being more than 365 things, because when I look for it happiness surrounds my life!

So, I'm going to start at #8 still since the previous things I posted still make me happy. Here I go!...


Poor little Owyn has been sick. She got pinkeye in both eyes and had a hard time breaking a fever for a couple of days because she had an ear infection. It was a rough few days and all she wanted to do was cuddle with Mommy and/or Daddy and sleep. Then she got some antibiotics! She has perked up quite a bit and is pretty much back to herself now, although she is still fighting a nasty cough.

I have a really hard time with antibiotics. They are rough on my body...my digestive tract to be specific (and that is as specific as I'll get...you're welcome). If I eat yogurt, though, all is well. So, I went and got Owyn some Trix-flavored yogurt just in case she has a hard time with antibiotics.

Today, I gave her some with her lunch. She is super independent so I just gave her a spoon and the yogurt and let her go while I folded some laundry. After a few minutes, I looked up at her to find her in complete ecstacy playing with the yogurt and sometimes eating it. She was painting my tablecloth (which I have covered with a protective plastic top) with it. On a whim, I got a piece of paper for her to see if she would paint it. She did.


She also let all of her goldfish crackers swim in the yogurt!


By the way, that paper was pretty much demolished by the time she was through with it.


This is what she does when I ask her to show me her teeth! Perfect!

So, today, I am happy for a daughter who is creative with yogurt.
Also, I'm happy and grateful that I had laundry to fold.


P.S. Mom, this one is for you. =)

4 comments:

Mooners said...

can you post the muffin recipe i have been wanting a master mix too. we have the cool raspberry and strawberry morsels you mix into the muffins so i want a basic one i can play with! :) thanks

Luanne Hardy said...

You know, I love your daughter too.

Rita Peck said...

What a fun idea to look for happiness each day. love the yogurt pictures

Evelyn said...

Oh! You so beat me to this idea. I was loving that you were trying to do a 365 day thing and I was trying to figure out what I could do. I love that you are doing it. That Owyn sure is a pretty girl! Love her eyes!