Sunday, February 21, 2010

Old pictures that I never posted but should have

I didn't post these originally because I was so disappointed that they didn't turn out better. My plan was to dress Owyn up again and take new pictures and then make everyone think they were taken on Halloween. But, well...stuff happened. You know, first I had a baby, then we had Thanksgiving, then Christmas. And, during all of that, Owyn grew. So, we are stuck with these not so great pictures.

Owyn was a ladybug.
I loved her hair! Little pigtails on top of her head with red pom poms.
The wings are made from stiff felt and ribbon.
She seemed to really like her costume too. Especially the skirt. She ran around the house wearing it for a couple of days (why didn't I take a picture then?).

She won the cutest child's costume at our Branch Trunk or Treat! Wahoo!


Lily was dressed up as Mike Wazowski!

I was going to dress up as Sully or Boo, but I didn't have time (or motivation) to make a costume.

Still, I won the Best Adult Costume! Wow! It was a good night for us.
Mike dressed up as a Mad Scientist, but, for some reason, I didn't take his picture. Hmm.
Oh well, there they are. I feel better now.


3 comments:

Suzi Hardy said...

Hey, what gives? I left a message on here and it didn't show up. I left a really good message on all of these...cheese... I like your costumes, I am glad you posted the pictures because even bad pictures (which these are not) are better than no pictures!
I'm really bummed about my last message not showing up.

Luanne Hardy said...

She was such a cute lady bug! Way to be creative.

Rita Peck said...

I totally do the same thing. Love the lady bug costume. May have to steal that idea for next year