Friday, January 7, 2011

(241) A Loooooooong Day.

This morning came early.

Yes, it always does, but today it was worse. I got up at 3:10. Then I laid back down and got back up again at 3:17 (thank you Mr. Snooze!).

I got out of bed, dragged Mike out of bed, got dressed in comfortable clothes, made 2 Egg muffins, wrapped my sleeping babes in blankets, and we all piled into the van. Then we drove the 2 hours to the airport where Lily and I said goodbye to Mike and Owyn.

They went back home and we made our way through security and a maze of gates until we found our way on to a plane headed to Phoenix, Arizona. We flew nearly 5 hours (nonstop) while eating lots of snacks and napping very little.

We were greeted in Phoenix by my fabulous sister, Erin, who quickly took us to Deseret Book and then to eat at Olive Garden before taking us to her home and family.

So...today I am happy to be at my sister's house. I am happy to have some time to spend with my niece and nephews (who have been great fun so far!). I am happy that Lily traveled soooooo well. I am happy for some good conversations with Erin. I am happy that I have a bed waiting as soon as I'm done with this. I am happy I have such a sweet family at home missing me. (I miss them too.) I am happy to have seen the Rocky Mountains today. I am even a little happy to be in the desert!

And, I love those Olive Garden breadsticks.

2 comments:

rylissite said...

Hope you have a great trip!

Sami said...

I had no idea when I read the more recent post that you had to travel all the way to Phoenix! What a fun time!
Sister time is the BEST. Enjoy yourself, Sarah, you deserve it!