Thursday, January 20, 2011

(250) Walmart

I stepped out the door at 12:30 p.m. today and realized that I hadn't been out of the house since Sunday!

Inside the house, my two little girls were eating their lunch with Daddy.

I climbed into the van, put on some music to sing to, and drove for half an hour--all by myself--along a winding country highway to Walmart.

I was there to shop for groceries, but, I'm not going to lie, I took my time. It was kind of nice to be in the quiet of Walmart with no one needing anything from me. I could concentrate on what groceries I needed.

I thought about how I can better organize my shopping trips as well as my food-keeping at home.

I thought about projects I want to do for my (soon-to-come) new blog.

I thought about what I want to do for Mike for Valentine's Day.

I thought about lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of things and none of my thoughts were interupted! Except for once when I ran into my sister (Hi, Jeigh!) and had to stop and chat for a few minutes (maybe we were dragging out our free time a little longer, maybe we weren't).

I was happy as I drove home, maybe a little tired, and happy to be getting home before the storm that was coming came.

I pulled into the driveway, loaded my arms up with groceries, and walked into my home where I was greeted with hugs and kisses and stories and cries for food. I'm back to life, back to the joys of motherhood. It was a nice Walmart vacation, though.

3 comments:

Xazmin said...

I love those little breaks from the chaos of home life (that we love...but sometimes need some relief from!).

I especially LOVE driving alone in my car, music as loud as I want, and just being alone with my thoughts!

Sami said...

Too funny! Don't show your cards too early though. If Mike knows that just a trip to Walmart would satisfy you, he may think "Oh, I don't need to get her that nice mani/pedi or massage at the spa for her birthday...all she really needs is a trip to Walmart!"
:)

Erin said...

i love grocery shopping when i get to go all by myself! it's great!