Did I tell you how much I love it? Oh, I do. I am constantly looking for something to mix with it.
Tonight I made pizza dough and didn't have to spend any of my time kneading it and getting flour all over myself, although that is its own kind of fun. The best part was the time it didn't take! And also how cool and sophisticated I felt while I was cooking. It all adds to the show. =)
*********
I have inadvertantly undertaken an enormous reorganize-my-house project. It started in my kitchen and has spread to my living room where I spent today sorting through the billions of toys that take over my house every day. Some will go into the attic for a later reveal. Some will go to Goodwill to be enjoyed by other kids. Some aren't even worth keeping.
It has been a lot of work, and I expect the organizing bug to spread all the way up to the bedrooms and my craft room (that may be a little scary), but, oh boy, am I having fun! Organization is a beautiful thing.
*********
For a few months now, I have been kicking around the idea of starting another blog. A crafty-type blog, but there would be more components than that to it.
The idea is that I have a lot of projects in my head and a lot of ideas about the type of woman (mom, wife, sister, friend) I want to be. It is time for me to make those more than just ideas; they should be reality. So, the blog would be a bit of a motivator for me to get working on my list of projects instead of just collecting the supplies; start trying out new recipes instead of filing them away for later; send notes to friends when I think of them; reach out to new friends; start a blog that scares me a little...you get the idea. I have even played with the idea of someday starting an Etsy shop, but we'll see how much this overwhelms me first.
I'm excited about it, but I don't know what to call it. Ideas I've had include: The Finished Project, Sarah in Stitches, I Can Do That, Creating Happiness...do you have any suggestions? Am I just being crazy? Maybe. I guess this is a good way to find out.
Thanks!

10 comments:
I like it! I hear about your projects and I always want to see what it is and a little tutorial never hurt either. I like Sarah in Stitches but I am a bit of an alliteration gal myself. What I am saying is Go For It!! I would definitely follow.
Hmm, I kind of like I Can Do That. I'll let you know if I think of any others. And definitely, go for it!! You're going to be awesome!
well, i think it is a GREAT idea. that is just the sort of blog i tend to peek at regularly. and i'm kinda of a fan of sarah in stitches, cause, well, i remember laughing so hard with you and i think its witty. so there.
I love my mixer too! Honestly, it's the only way I started making homemade bread because the thought of doing it all by hand was just too intimidating.
I like Sarah in Stitches for the name of your craft blog.
I think it's a wonderful idea! I did that with all my cake making, and it was nice to have somewhere to put that, for people who like to read about that! Personally, I like Sarah in Stitches... :D Also, stand mixers = super fun and more baking! Have fun with it, and if you do start the new blog PLEASE send me the address!
Yeah, you should just go for it. Don't be scared. I like Sarah in Stitches but at the same time that sounds like you are laughing.
I have no clever name for you...I like all your suggestions, but whatever you call it - I am eager to see it!
What fun. I would love to be inspired by you and your crafts and food. Can't wait to see it. Sorry no ideas for names
I think that sounds like an awesome idea! I would love to steal some of your ideas for gifts. Did I say steal? I meant "borrow".
Don't have any clever names though. Sorry.
First off, hurray for the stand mixer!!! I know it seems funny to be so excited over an appliance but I get it! =) Secondly, you should go for the new blog. I know you'll do great and maybe now and then I could make up a tutorial for you to add. =) I don't think I'd get around to it often enough to have my own blog but I can share...occasionally!
Post a Comment