Friday, January 14, 2011

(246) What goes around...

This morning, my 2 girls were a bit cranky. Even after I fed them breakfast and changed their diapers they kept their cranky pants on. So, I made an executive decision. I scooped Lily up, rocked her gently for a few minutes, and then plopped her into bed where she fell asleep quickly.

Owyn was a different story. She doesn't nap in the morning anymore, but she was obviously in need of some kind of down time. So, I brought her into my room, watched a couple of Mickey Mouse cartoons with her, and then told her I wanted her to cuddle with me for a little while to help her rest and feel better (they both have little colds). She complied without a fight.

We laid there for quite a while. I don't think she slept, but I did (Yay me!). She woke me up a couple of times with her wiggling, but when I told her to hold still she would.

As our down time was coming to an end, Mike came home and came into the room to talk to us. After hugging him, she sat behind me and, to tease her, I leaned back to lay on top of her. She thought it was hilarious! "Mommy cuddling with me!" She wrapped her arms around me.
She gave me kisses.
She stroked my hair.
She hugged me.
And when I would try to get up, she would say, "Hold still. Cuddle a little longer."
I actually had a hard time staying awake!


P.S. For those who are wondering: Yes, my hair has been cut. I don't really like it, but one of these days I will take a picture to show you and I will tell the story of why I don't like it. (Oh boy! Something to look forward to!)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, Sarah! That is SO sweet!! It's really cool that you are journaling all of this so you can always remember the stories. :)

Luanne Hardy said...

What a sweet story. From the look of it your hair looks like it would be so cute. I can't wait to hear the story.

Rita Peck said...

what a great story and so glad you could capture it in pictures

Sami said...

Awww! Sweet girl!