Tuesday, October 5, 2010

(195)

Today was one of those days where I just couldn't seem to find my groove.

I have felt like I am way behind on all my chores and that I'm never going to be able to get caught up.

I have projects calling to me becaise they are lonely.

Dinner was late.

Laundry is piling up.

Dishes...geesh, I swear the dishes were piling themselves up when I wasn't looking.

I haven't been grumpy, just a little overwhelmed and a lot tired (I should probably go to bed earlier, right? Yeah, right.). You know, some days you are just more aware of how much you have to do and how little time you have. I try to have as few of these days as possible, but they still sneak up on me.

So, what made it all worth it today? Lots of little things, but here is one that comes to mind.

I was putting Lily to bed. I brought her into her dark room and, as is our tradition, I held her close to me and softly sang to her. She laid her hed on my shoulder and I could feel her relax. Then, ever so sweetly, she began to hum along. =)

5 comments:

CoralieandCasey said...

I think you posted at the very same time I was reading your blog. It made me feel close to you somehow... I miss you!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

ahhh...that made my day worth it too. :)

Luanne Hardy said...

That is so sweet. Brought a little tear in my eye.

Jeigh said...

Oh, that's so cute, you made me say "Awwww."

Rita Peck said...

I haven't read your blogs in a few days and as I find myself reading them I think I love this. You are so good at expressing the good things that come to mothers. I feel like all the things you described are me every day these days. But the last part leaves me thinking oh but remember today when....Thanks for your posts