Wednesday, October 20, 2010

(205) A good day to blog about.

Here is just a random sampling of my life today.

I needed a bowl out of my bowl cupboard. So, naturally, I opened it. This is what I found:
My bowl cupboard, obviously, is within ready reach of little toddler hands. I am well aware of that. The magnetic latch on it is broken, so this has always been the cupboard that I open and let her play in. However, she has recently started play cooking, using that cupboard as her stove.

This is not the first time I have found a plethora of toys inside of it. I have even found some of her small stuffed animals in there and, once, her baby doll.

Anyway, this is the first time she has loaded up my bowls to the point of inaccessibility.

Here is what she was cooking:
A very random assortment, but I was a little surprised by how much she got in there and how well it was packed!

I'm thinking she needs her own kitchen...at least a stove. (Dear Santa...)

Moving on.

We made cookies today (pumpkin).
Owyn added the chocolate chips.



While we were making cookies, Lily took a nap.
Apparently it was a good one.



And, finally, we had pumpkin pancakes with black cinnamon syrup for dinner. In trying to keep with the Halloween spirit, I added a face to Owyn's:
Ooooo, scary!

She looked at it and said, "Oh! A cookie!"

(P.S. That other pancake is supposed to be a spider web. Can't you tell?)

3 comments:

Erin said...

wow, you're amazing at planning stuff for your kids, so far all I've got is ambition. you inspire me, so I'll work on it

Luanne Hardy said...

Can I get your recipe for making pumpkin? will you email it to me? From here on out for your posts all you need to put is..."Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm an amazing mom with an amazing life."

Rita Peck said...

that is the coolest idea. Totally going to have to do that. I usually make fried eggs that look like eyeballs. Gonna have to put them together.