Friday, October 15, 2010

(202) What Daddies are for.

It rained today. Owyn really wanted to go out and play in it. So, we bundled her up in her handed-down West Virginia jacket and put on her new boots and Mike took her out to play.

I stayed inside to get dinner ready, but soon heard my name being called. I looked out the window and saw Owyn standing in a teeny-tiny puddle of water jumping up and down with a great big grin on her face. Mike then directed her over to the massive puddle at the end of our driveway and waved to me to come out. I grabbed my camera on the way:


Did you see her biff it there at the end? And, did you see Mike's instant reaction? She scraped her hands a little bit (not as much as you would think compared to the crying, but I'm sure it still stung).

I couldn't resist a few pictures while Mike was comforting her.





Isn't that last one so sweet? When I showed it to Mike and told him I thought it was the sweetest picture, he said, "Well, that's what daddies are for."

Thank goodness for Daddies.

2 comments:

Luanne Hardy said...

Oh great that your kids have such a great daddy. You are so lucky, Sarah.

Rita Peck said...

Been a while since I had the time to check out blogs and have missed yours. That retreat sounded amazing and I love your halloween decorations. I love those pictures of Mike comforting. My kids love their dad's comfort more than mommy's. Something more special about it I guess.