This is my second time going to the retreat. Last time, Owyn was only 5 months old, so I brought her with me. This time, I was going to bring Lily, but at the last minute, Mike told me that I should go ahead and leave her with him too! So, I got to go alone...well, with Jeigh, but no kids!
I loved eating 3 meals without having to serve anybody else first!
The pajama party was a blast! We played lots of games and ate lots of unhealthy food. But, the best part, for Jeigh and I anyway, was the karaoke machine set up in the back corner of the room.



Oh yeah! Good times. That is Jaime, by the way. She had more drawings on her face, but she wiped it off before I took the picture. And, um, I don't know why I'm making that weird face.

We kind of hogged it.
We played a game called "Face Dice" which was super fun! If you lose a round, the person next to you draws on your face.


Oh yeah! Good times. That is Jaime, by the way. She had more drawings on her face, but she wiped it off before I took the picture. And, um, I don't know why I'm making that weird face. And, really, the very best part about the whole retreat was the workshops, all of which were very well presented and very empowering and uplifting. I attended one called "In Control of You" which talked about changing the way you react in relationships, especially marriage, to create a better environment and change destructive habits into uplifting habits. I also attended a Food Storage class. And, Jeigh gave a workshop called "Joyful in the Journey." She did an awesome job and I was truly, truly inspired.
Look how good she looks here!

That's my sister!
Anyway, it was a really, really, really nice weekend and I really needed it. I wish I could convey my thoughts and feelings about it better, but I don't think that is possible.
So, here are some more karaoke pictures:


Oh! I was called as a Stake Relief Society Specialist to help prepare for this retreat and my specific job was to create a craft that could be done there or passed out as a gift/reminder.
This is what I came up with:

These are necklace pendants made from flattened bottle caps.
Here's a close up.


The backs were a few different designs, so if the ladies didn't like cute sparklie polka dots, they could pick out something else. I was pretty proud of them. =)
K, I had a video to upload, but it didn't work and I need to go to bed. I'll try to upload it tomorrow. Oooh! Something to look forward to!

3 comments:
I'm so jealous of this idea. I would love to do something like that. I haven't gone to a Relief Society activity in so long.
I'm glad you have the opportunity to go to something like that.
wow! That looks like so much fun! I'm a little (ok, a lot) jealous that you girls went without me to a place where there's karaoke and face drawing. I wish I could have been there to see Jeigh's presentation. I bet she did awesome. She is an expert on that topic after all. jealous, jealous, jealous...and we should all go to something like that together sometime in our lifetime.
ALso, I have a notebook just like Jeigh's that is sitting on the table in the picture. Mom must have made it for her, cause that's where I got mine.
Love you!
Ahaha! Those pictures are so classic! That was so fun. Thanks for making me look spiritual and grown up!
Post a Comment