Thursday, November 4, 2010

(214)

I'm kind of in a blogging slump today. I can think of plenty of things to be happy about. It's been a good day, but I don't really have the motivation to write a whole lot tonight. Really, I should probably just skip today, but I don't really want to do that either. I have a hope that maybe the more I write, the more I'll get out of the slump.

So, not to be rude, but let me tell you what I would rather be doing right now.

Mike is finishing up his application for PA school (yay!) and tonight I am going to edit his essay and make sure we are presenting an appealing student that any school will want to snatch up and admit right away. It shouldn't be too hard, really. He comes by his appealing studentness naturally.

So, I want to edit that essay quickly and then move on to washing my face. This is a simple pleasure for me. I find it refreshing and relaxing to wash my face with warm water and put on the fancy face lotion that I allow myself to splurge on. The best part of washing my face is washing the back of my neck. Maybe it is because I store all my tension there and it enjoys the little snippet of attention. Maybe it just feels good. I am trying to start early in teaching Owyn and Lily the joys of washing one's face at night. Tonight, as I was cleaning Owyn's food-stained cheeks, she smiled at me and said, "oooo, it feels good!" Yes, yes it does.

After I wash my face, I will snuggle up in bed and read for a while. I am reading "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan and enjoying it very much. A good book motivates me to arrange my schedule in such a way that I can get my chores done quickly so that I can read more. Crafting does the same thing. I should do both more often.

I won't be able to read for very long tonight, though, because I am tired. I spent a lot of time on the floor today allowing my little girls to crawl on top of me so that I could flip them over onto their backs. The laughter made it worth it. Owyn also taught me some new dance moves today and I am starting to wonder if Lily is magic since I can't figure out where she gets most of the random things I find in her mouth! Owyn also showed me how to make dishwashing more fun (pour the water from a cup into a bowl and then back in the sink again...over and over and over). That is just a glimpse of the day, but you can see how I am exhausted.

So, I'm going to follow that plan and leave you for tonight. Maybe I'll be out of the slump tomorrow.

No comments: