Tuesday, November 2, 2010

(212) A few things...

Halloween was this weekend.

I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

We carved our pumpkins on Saturday morning. I wasn't sure how Owyn would deal with the slimy pumpkin seeds and all, but it turns out she isn't squeamish at all! In fact, she threw her hands right in and started pulling out seeds.
She said to me, "We eat the pumpkins, Mommy?" Maybe I've gone a little overboard on pumpkins this year...

Ha! Nah. That's not even possible!

Anyway, while Mike and I finished cleaning out the pumpkins and prepared to carve, Owyn took over the responsibility of "making" the seeds.
"Making" means to stir them...a lot.

Owyn had a pumpkin to carve, but, well, we didn't think giving her a knife would be a good idea. So, we gave her a paintbrush and some paints instead. The end result was beautiful! And, I forgot to take a picture.

Sorry.

I got a picture of mine and Mike's though! =)
I'm not going to tell you which one is mine and which one is his. We want you to pick one and vote. (Please.) The winner gets a Rolo. And a kiss.



And, moving on. One of my favorite things about Halloween is doing creepy stuff with food. This is what I made for dinner on Sunday:
It is hard to tell what it is in this picture because it is a weird angle, but that is a mummy hand--three of them actually--in a bed of brain matter. Or, meatloaf and potatoes if you don't want to be grossed out. I cooked them a little longer and they looked much better after that.

Then, this isn't gross, but I still have to share.
Pumpkin cream puffs for dessert. These were good! Next time I make them though, I'm hiding them from the kids and keeping them all to myself!


P.S. Today, I am ready to officially call Lily a walker. She has been walking all over the place today. Why didn't I record it? I don't know. I'll do it tomorrow though!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

I want your recipes. they look yummy. oh and I loved your blog on prayer. a good reminder to me