Today, I sat down at my sewing machine to work on a project while Owyn watched a movie during quiet time. We have recently moved my sewing machine downstairs for this very purpose, but it has taken me a couple of weeks to get to a point where I am organized enough to have time to work on projects during quiet time. So, when I started sewing, Owyn was pretty intrigued with what I was doing. She asked, I answered, and then she left it alone for a few minutes. She was intrigued though, so finally asked if I would hold her. She climbed up on my lap and watched very intently as I did my work, asking questions and repeating her understanding as we went along.
It was a very nice moment sharing something that I enjoy with someone I love completely.

2 comments:
I used to love to watch my mom sew. Actually, I probably would still love it. She was a master sewer and my favorite memories are me sitting in her sewing room listening to the cut of the scissors or the buzz of the machine. I should tell her that.
I have her old machine and every time I pull it out the smell reminds me of those exact memories. Maybe i should blog about this.
I love your family pic! That is very cute! I can't believe your little baby is one now! Wow! They are both just getting cuter! *^^*
Post a Comment