Friday, March 25, 2011

(284) I apologize for the cold

I know it is spring. And, believe me, I am very happy about it. Here in West Virginia, unfortunately, Spring is having a little bit of a hard time breaking free from Winter. It keeps snowing. And this week has been particularly cold...like in the 30s cold. I'm afraid I am partially to blame for this little cold streak. You see, the other day I was at the grocery store and I saw this: I stopped and stared at it for a while, not quite believing what I was seeing. First of all, Stephen's is my absolute favorite brand when it comes to hot chocolate, but I have never seen it on the shelves here. I have been mourning it for almost 3 years. Second of all, Caramel Apple Cider...it is the only drink I have ever had from Starbuck's. It was introduced to me by an old roommate and dear friend. I think of it as a special kind of indulgent treat. So, you can see, I really couldn't stop myself from buying it and bringing it home as quickly as possible. I even thought to myself, "I'll have to find a way to stay a little chilly so I have an excuse to drink it." Luckily for me, the weather promptly cooled and I have needed the warmth that can only be given by a mug of hot Caramel Apple Cider. So, I'm sorry it has been cold. I take full responsibility for the blame you may give me. Honestly, though, I'm going to keep drinking it. The stuff is soooooo good with whip cream!

3 comments:

Rochelle and Jonathan Cardell said...

Maybe you should send some over here then, because I am beginning to forget what the cold feels like. In fact, I don't think we have turned our air conditioning off since October!!

Rita Peck said...

That looks yummy. We have the snow and cold here too. Yuck though if I had that to drink I might not mind

Jeigh said...

Oh. no. you. didn't. Is that at Shop and Save???? Holy cow, I need some.