Last night as we were sitting down to dinner, a storm rolled in. We could see it coming, but it was still a surprise when the sky turned dark so suddenly and the wind started to blow. Then the thunder and the lightening started and the rain poured. It was a pretty cool storm, really. And, I was glad when Mike came home because I like storms better when he is close by.
Anyway, as we were finishing up, very quietly all the lights in the house went out along with the fans and everything else electrical. =) That was a funny way of putting it, but our electricity went out. It just really struck me how quietly it went! So, we weren't sure how long it would be out, but started preparing for a few hours. I gave the girls a candlelit bath and put them to bed. I called work. And then I sat in bed reading by candlelight until about 10:00 when I went to sleep.
It was really a nice night. I liked the quietness and the calm a lot. I missed blogging though. =)
So, for my happy moment today, I am actually going to use yesterday's because it is too good to skip over. Yesterday, I was sitting in my room nursing Lily while Owyn sat on the couch playing and talking to me. She said something to me that caused me to break out singing the ABCs. She looked at me and said, "No, Mommy. I don't like that." I said, "You don't like my singing?" And I kept singing anyway...teasing her a little. Then, she got off the couch and walked over to me. She touched my cheek and said, "I turn it off."
It was so funny! I couldn't help but laugh, especially when she did it every time I broke out singing. She came up with that one all on her own, and I am happy she is creative and imaginative.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

1 comment:
Crazy storm. Funny what kids can come up with
Post a Comment