You know how in movies when the boy wants to get the girl to look out of her window he throws little rocks at it? Kinda cute and sweet, right.
Well, tonight Mike was in the garage working on a project and I was in the midst of supervising a rather crazy and wet bathtime when I heard a tap on the bathroom window. I thought, "That almost sounds like Mike is throwing rocks at the window like the boys do in the movies when they want the girl to look out the window." I smiled at the thought but then brushed it off as probably just some random house noise.
Then I heard the very distinct sound a couple more times and smiled even bigger because it was obvious that Mike (I hoped) was throwing rocks up at the window. So, I looked out to see what romantic words he wanted to say (or sing) to me.
Mike was standing outside, but he wasn't holding rocks in his hand. He was holding Air Soft pistol and was shooting the tiny little pellets at the window and grinning like a little boy. I had to laugh. Not so romantic, but definitely my Mike and definitely a sweet reminder of how good it is to be a wife. I tried to open the window to tell him I love him, but it wouldn't open. =) I had to go back to our splashing and giggling girls; back to our bedtime routine; back to my own sweet fairy tale life.
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
ha ha ha! Boys are so weird! It would do them a world of good to watch those romance movies and take copious notes, don't you think?
On the other hand, they are pretty lovable the way they are, too.
That is so funny. Makes me smile
Post a Comment