Wednesday, August 18, 2010

(161) I'm surrounded by adorable

I have once again misplaced my camera. I can picture in my mind when I saw it a couple of days ago and thought to myself, "I should put that away or I'm going to lose it." Obviously, I didn't follow through. Today, this is especially frustrating because there were so many adorable picture moments that were missed.

You'll have to use your imagination.

Lily and Owyn spent a lot of time playing together today. Actually, it was more Lily following Owyn around and Owyn trying to take her toys back as politely as she could because I kept telling her to share. Still, it was cute. Lily was thrilled every time Owyn talked to her.

At one point, Lily was busy getting into Owyn's well-organized toys. She had pulled herself up (which, by the way, she does every chance she gets) and then let go so she was standing quite nicely (another frequent Lily trick). However, in her excitement over the toy, she lost her balance and sat down right on top of Owyn. Owyn looked at me and said, ever so enthusiastically, "Lily lap!" Then wrapped her arms around Lily and said, "Lily hug! Cute!" =)

Owyn's main objective today seemed to be to cook as many of her toys as she could. Pretend cook, of course. She gathered a couple of bowls out of the cupboard that won't stay shut, loaded them up with toys and then stirred them and shook them. Next, they all went into an empty box which she then shut. She walked up to me, pointed at the box and said, "Hot. Very hot. Don't touch."

Later, I got a taste of a puzzle piece. Mmm. It was delicious.

Owyn also has recently discovered that she can do stairs, up and down, without holding on to Mommy's or Daddy's hand and has very stubbornly started to exert her independence in this matter. Today, she refused to even start going down the stairs until I was at least 2 steps ahead of her. (I exerted my own will by not waiting at the bottom like she originally had planned.) Then, when we went back up, she started up on her own and said, "I'm doing it!" To which I replied, "Owyn, you are such a big girl!" I've been trying to emphasize the big girl thing, telling her that big girls go potty in the toilet and big girls sleep without binkies. I didn't think she was really listening to all of that until she answered me by saying, "No. Owyn not big."

Lastly, Lily has apparently been touched by the dancing bug. I put on some music while cleaning up dinner tonight. I turned and saw Lily sitting on the floor bouncing to the beat. She had to stand even so she could get a bigger bounce. The smile on her face was perfect.

1 comment:

Luanne Hardy said...

This post makes me/us miss you guys so much. When Michael gets a job we are going to put away money so we can come visit you!!