Monday, August 30, 2010

(170) I am not a morning person

I can't remember a time that I have ever been a morning person. I love to sleep in, all cozy in my perfectly arranged bed.

So, I surprised myself quite a bit when I accepted an invitation to go to the gym with Jeigh and our friend Jaime at 6:00...

a.m.

Ew.

That means I have to get up at 5:45 a.m., which is what I did this morning. And, as I sat at my kitchen table trying to eat my cereal, all I could think was that it isn't natural to be awake so early.

And, as I pedaled on that stationary bike (5 miles!) I still kept thinking about how if I hurried in the shower when I got home the girls might still be asleep and I could go back to bed. (They were up late last night so I totally, and correctly, expected them to sleep in...which is what I would have done.)

And, after my shower, I laid back down in bed feeling proud of myself for exercising. When Owyn came in 10 minutes later, I cuddled her up and we both slept in. That's the way mornings should be.

To surprise myself even more, I find that I am planning on getting up that early again tomorrow! It was really nice to feel more energetic today and to feel not so hungry. I ended the day with a full-on moving and jumping Hairspray dance as I cleaned up the kitchen! I haven't done that for a long time! I like that I have found a little snippet of time to take care of just me (even if it is only a half an hour too early in the morning). I like the energy. I like the exercise.

But, I'm still not a morning person.

3 comments:

Erin said...

what are you talkin' about? Take a shower? I'd be back in my bed the second I got back home. Let the kids play in the bathroom while I take a shower AFTER I sleep in.
I'm not a morning person either. And I was pretty darn proud of myself for being up at 7:00 this morning....till I read your post.
=)

Rita Peck said...

I used to be a morning person and still prefer it once the baby sleeps through the night. I love exercising in the morning for the extra energy. I am never ablet o get backto sleep so your lucky...of course my kids are all up by 6:30 AM

Luanne Hardy said...

I love having workout buddies. It makes going to workout so much easier so I'm jealous of that. But I want to let you know that I'm proud of you and Jeigh and I hope that I can follow your ways.