I know that I am still very young in my marriage. We have only been married for a little over 3 years. But, let me tell you, we have already had our share of challenges, trials, and disappointments. Through that, though, I like to look back and see how we have grown closer to each other, increasing our understanding of each other and our love for each other.
Let me tell you a little tidbit about myself. I am a romantic--a head-over-heels, hopeless romantic. I was born with dreams of finding prince charming, being swept off me feet, and then living a life of romance and bliss. =) It didn't take me long to figure out that a blissful life doesn't just happen, it has to be created, but I think I still do a pretty good job of being optimistic and seeing the romantic side of things. Which is good because...
Mike is very practical. He doesn't quite understand my flights of fancy, but he does tolerate them because it makes me happy. I refer to him as my hero and he just smiles. I dream of love notes and spontaneous dances in the kitchen (which, by the way, I actually do get on occasion), but Mike has more subtle ways of showing his love. Tonight was a good example:
It should be known that Mike loves Oreos. I mean LOVES them. He can eat a whole bag in one sitting and sometimes that sitting is just 15 minutes long. If I want Oreos, I usually have to take a portion out of the bag and hide it before Mike gets to it. This time, though, I bought them just for him. He had a rough semester and I felt he deserved a whole bag of Oreos.
Tonight, though, Mike came up to me and said, "There are 3 Oreos left. I saved them just for you." =)
Who says romance is dead?
today, I blog!
12 years ago

2 comments:
That is so sweet. That makes me all teary eyed it's so sweet.
You and I are so much the same when it comes to what we "expect" in a relationship. It was super shocking to me as well. I love little moments when you feel your spouse's love like that.
Love those small moments. Hope you enjoyed your oreos
Post a Comment